Young People & Social Enterprise in Canterbury
If you're aged 17–25 and live in Canterbury, we have an exciting opportunity for you. From July–November, up to 25 young people will get the chance to take part in an awesome new programme, fully funded.
Applications now open – closing Sunday 9th July!
A quick snapshot of the programme...
Who's it for, and why apply?
The programme is part-time and runs over 5 months from July to November. It is designed to support young people aged 17–25 who live in the wider Canterbury region, who have with little to no understanding or experience with social enterprise. Up to 25 young people will be selected and invited to participate.
We are particularly interested in hearing from young people who live in the Eastern Suburbs (such as Aranui, Bromley, Linwood, etc.), the South Western Suburbs (Halswell, Hillmorton, Hornby, Rowley, etc.), the Selwyn District, and the Waimakariri District. If you know someone, please to shoulder tap them to apply!
Throughout the programme you will get the chance to attend some amazing events, take part in workshops, visit local social enterprises, and get access to a range of mentors who will support your learning and development.
Applications for the programme close at 11:59pm on Sunday 9th July.
What will you get out of it?
- Take part in a fully funded programme that could just change your life.
- Connect with a community of peers, mentors and practitioners.
- Attend an amazing national event – Festival for the Future (4–6th Aug).
- Attend the Social Enterprise World Forum (27–29th September).
- Learn about social enterprise, what it is, how it works and get the chance to visit some local examples of social enterprise in action.
- Take part in workshops that will help you to further develop your understanding and social enterprise skills.
- Regular one-on-one monthly catch ups with a local coach and/or mentor.
- Learn about the local social enterprise ecosystem in Christchurch.
- Explore some of the challenges in your local community, and ways that social enterprise could make a difference.
- Explore flow-on pathways post programme, such as internships, employment, or support to develop your own social enterprise venture.
More about the Festival and Social Enterprise World Forum
Interested in being a mentor, coach or champion?
If you're interested in helping out as a mentor or champion as we support young people on their journey please complete this simple EOI. We're particularly interested in hearing from people who have on the ground connectivity in the Eastern Suburbs (such as Aranui, Bromley, Linwood, etc.), the South Western Suburbs (Halswell, Hillmorton, Hornby, Rowley, etc.), the Selwyn District, and the Waimakariri District. We are also currently recruiting for paid coaching roles, which close 8th July.
Got Questions / More Info?
Please drop us an email on Canterbury@inspiringstories.org.nz